Our guidance counsellor, Mister Troy Gratton, is available to answer your questions on the following topics:
- Identifying the student’s interests, abilities, personality characteristics and values so as to advise his or her parents on the ways to support their child in defining and completing his or her education and guidance project;
- Exploring programs so as to prepare scholarships, reports cards and admission applications for post-secondary establishments;
- Careers, employment market, language stays and internship programs;
- Enrollment and steps to reach their academic or professional goals;
- Strategies to keep the student motivated and help him or her to be more successful at school.
Counselling service - Students' well-being
Our advisor for the students’ well-being, Madame Corinne Michaud, is available for our students and offers counselling services that will help them overcome various psychological, emotional, relationships, social or personal issues while developing one-on-one plans for students who need this type of support.
Madame Corinne Michaud
- Each classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard (IWB) that allows teachers to organize dynamic, playful and interactive activities with their students, as well as showing several appropriate media and resources;
- At the elementary level, Mac computers are available at a ratio slightly over 1:1. On top of this accessibility, an iMac laboratory is available to our students.
- All of the students from Grade 7 to 12 have access to a Mac computer (several creative projects are done with iLife product – iMovie, Garageband, Photobooth, etc.). Students also have access to a green screen to film videos and choose a background later.
- Students can bring their computer home with them and have access to a purchasing program to buy their computer.
- Students also have access to numerous web 2.0 tools that are used in class so that learning remains diversified and interesting.
- An “iPad” pilot project was launched for Grade 2 to assess the potential of this tactile and mobile tool – students learn mathematics in a more interactive way, they can explain how they learn, they can create resources and digital books, learn vocabulary and have the ability to create projects with tools such as Book Creator, Explain Everything, iMovie, etc.